In this lecture we will begin our discussion of probabilistic undirected graphical models. In particular, we will study the Restricted Boltzmann Machine.
Please study the following material in preparation for the class:
- Lecture 5 (5.1 to 5.8) of Hugo Larochelle’s course on Neural Networks.
- Chapter 9 of the Deep Learning Textbook (important background on probabilistic models).
- Chapter 15 (sec. 15.2) of the Deep Learning Textbook (approximate maximum likelihood training)
- Chapter 21 (sec. 21.2) of the Deep Learning Textbook on deep generative models
Other relevant material:
- Lectures 11 and 12 ( especially 11d-11e and 12a-12e ) of Geoff Hinton’s cousera course on Neural Networks.